Friday, July 9, 2010

My visit with Henry

I went to see Henry yesterday, (hi Henry!!)

When I arrived, I saw his wife Barb, through the window of his room, reading him cards that were sent. Henry was smiling, and it was great to see! (please keep the cards & letters coming!)

So he can see them, Barb, and his mom, Bonnie have been taping all his cards on the wall in front of his bed.
He has to lay flat, so there is no pressure on the stablizing bar, connected to his pelvis.
There is a beautiful, carved wooden angel, made by his dad, watching over him, and pictures of family & friends all around.

When I came into the room, he started talking to me, man was I surprised!!
I hadn't known he was talking!! It was great to hear his voice!
Henry was alert, his color was good, and he seemed comfortable.
His mother arrived shortly after I did, and his face just lit up when she walked in!
The love in his eyes, when he looks at his wife Barb, leaves you breathless.

He has a major surgery scheduled for today, on his pelvis.
Let us pray, the doctors can do all that needs to be done, and for Henry's strength to stay the course!

We all love you Henry!!!
-Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment